Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Update

Tuesday was a fun day for our little family. Aaron's best friend Jared and his girlfriend are having a baby very soon so we have been visiting frequently. They are having a little girl and naming her Kinsley.... Kinnick & Kinsley has a pretty nice ring huh? Well anyways we left Fort Dodge before lunch and got to Boone around 1:30. We all went out to eat at a restaurant in town and the food was great. Whenever we get together Jared always helps with Kinnick a lot. So at the table he wanted the high chair to go between him and Aaron and he shared his mashed potatoes. Kinnick was in love and stared at his food the whole time.


Next we headed back to the house for a while and got all our fishing supplies ready. Jared and I had to get our fishing licenses at Wal - Mart and some worms and then we headed out. It was so windy that day that we really were not able to enjoy fishing. If you got out of your chair it would blow away. The boys caught three fish in total but we didn't bring them for supper. My kind of fishing is when you can see the fish swim to your pole and not having to fish for an hour or two before you get a bite. The wind was so strong that I never even felt a tug on the line at all but I did come up short a worm.

That evening we grilled supper and Aaron had brought some Venison to share. We made the venison into patties and they turned out pretty good. We had enough food to feed the entire neighborhood. Iva started having some contractions that evening and she said they were strong enough to take her breath away. Everyone got a little nervous but we played cards to take her mind off of it. She continued to time her contractions and sometime after we left she ended up going to the hospital. She went into preterm labor at like 34 or 33 weeks and has been on bedrest until now. She is now 36 going on 37 weeks along. The hospital scared her contractions right away which was my experience as well. I recommended walking or slowly doing stairs to help induce labor.

She ended up going home which was a disappointment especially since weeks ago she was not ready at all and then now that she is Kinsley is not ready. Yesterday when I talked to her she was trying a home remedy of herbal tea to induce labor but so far no phone call:)

I should tell you that Kinnick has been eating solids for about 2 weeks and I was proud that I held out until just about 6 months to start him. We have been through peas, green beans, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, and peaches and so far no dislikes. The fruits have also been good for his digestive system and no more constipation. I also got him a big boy sippy cup and did give him some diluted juice but later found out that they don't recommend juice until 1 year so we stopped that. It is crazy to hear all the things they have changed since we grew up.




Here in Dodge things are going well. Kinnick doesn't have his 6 month appt until the 17th so I will
be anxious to find out how big he has gotten. He sits up all on his own and is starting to crawl. Right now it is more of an army crawl and he goes backwards a lot but he is sure trying. Aaron has been more stressed than normal about work and did have some opportunities arise so we are praying about where they will lead us. We have also decided to put wood floors in our living room and put new carpet in the bedrooms. I think I have finally selected the carpet that I want. It will also be going in the basement so we will probably end up needing a full roll. Thank goodness that Aaron's uncle owns a very successful flooring company in Indianapolis that can get flooring for us at an affordable price.



I did apply to a Bachelor's program to obtain my BSN but I have not heard back yet. They recommend 2 years of experience which I don't quite have but I figured since I have experience is so many different areas I might as well try. The program I chose is at Graceland University. I would have to go to Missouri for a total of 4 days but otherwise the program is all online. I will let you all know as soon as I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment