Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Expecting!!


I wanted to give an update on what is going on with our family right now. I figured I would grab some attention with the title but sorry it is not us... Gracie is expecting puppies!! This will be her third litter. She has pretty big litters and we always have something that we need to pay for. Our plans this time are to spend the money on new flooring and then a swing set for Kinnick. We are expecting them to arrive within the next two weeks so I will be posting pics soon.
Kinnick is growing growing growing. He recently had his first real cold and I felt bad for my little man. I took him to the doctor but of course he didn't even cough once in front of them but he did a good job smiling at everyone. He was really congested so I used some Baby Vicks which seemed to help. The Baby Vicks didn't have such an overwhelming smell as the regular Vicks.
KJ is also pulling himself up on everything and has been for almost a month now. He also loves to crawl in and out of my side tables beside the couch.



I have learned that he is afraid of the vacum. His new food of choice is popsicles and anything that we are eating he wants. Still no teeth and not much hair either but the hair is growing.






Today we went to the pool for the first time. When we left fort dodge the sun was out and the humidity was high making it feel even hotter but by the time we got to the pool it was cloudy and cool. Kinnick didn't seem to mind but we didn't stay long. I look forward to all the pool opportunities to come.



In July we plan to take a family vacation to the Wisconsin Dells. Progress is coming on the basement and Aaron almost has drywall up on all the walls. We added a second bedroom to the basement so we now have a total of 5 bedrooms. We are debating on putting a closet in that bedroom or not. There is not a great place to put the closet and for now it will be a play room and later a spare bedroom. For both of these functions a closet is not really needed but we haven't decided yet. I know I know..... think of the resale but we love our home and we are doing it for us not for who could potentially purchase our home 10+ years from now. I also decided to extend the wood flooring into Kinnick's room for two reasons. One reason is that whenever the dogs have an accident it seems to be in that room...grrr...Second reason being that when we are done using it as a nursery we may use it as an office.
I will be beginning my bachelors degree at the end of the month. I just signed up for 2 undergrad classes and then once I am done with those I will get into the core nursing classes. I chose to do my bachelors through Graceland University. They seem to be the most affordable and I am able to do everything online. You also only take two courses at a time. Some courses are 8 weeks long and some are 16 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment