Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend

I had a great weekend visiting my sister, Alisa in Sioux City. My other sisters and parents were also in town so we all spent some time together. My aunt Joleen lives in Sergeant Bluff so she was kind enough to take us all in for the weekend! The weekend started Friday night when we went to watch my youngest sisters, Andrea and Abby play basketball in Lake City. Aaron's cousin also played that night so he went along for the game.

Saturday we got to Sioux City late afternoon so we dropped our stuff off at Joleen's and then went to a meal for my Dad's work at Van Meter. Then we headed to the hockey game. We only stayed for one quarter since none of us are huge hockey fans. A quarter was just enough for Kinnick as well. We did a little shopping and then headed back to Joleen's.

Sunday morning our uncle Dean made everyone delicious omelettes and then more shopping. The weekend was fun and I can't wait to visit again but I must say it isn't easy to be a mom on the go when you are breastfeeding.

Since I am pumping exclusively every 3 hours I would have to search for a place to pump or arrange my schedule accordingly. I pumped at my aunts right before we left for shopping so I had a good three hours before having to worry about it. In three hours we were at the mall so I searched for a family restroom so that I wouldn't be in the big public restroom. The search was unsuccessful. Luckily my pump can run on batteries because there is not a single restroom that has an outlet. I really hate pumping in the restroom because it feels so unsanitary and you have to sit on the toilet. If our society is pushing breastfeeding maybe they should take these thoughts into consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment